Devops engineer position
Job Title : Devops Engineer
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help with development, automation, and support of their Source Code Management infrastructure and services.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated to accelerate typically slow IT, replace manual processes with automation, and is excited to be a part of an innovative and continually learning development and operations team.
We are looking for someone who has experience automating the deployment and operations of IT services with preference given to specialized experience managing git-oriented SCM services such as GitHub or GitLab.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of recent Linux/Unix administration with emphasis on RedHat (RedHat certification a plus)
- 2+ years of scripting and application development experience (Python, Bash, etc)
- Production experience creating and using Docker images / containers
- Experience with utilizing Continuous Integration and Configuration Management platforms, tools, and processes to automate infrastructure provisioning and change management (ex. Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, gitops)
- Great with Terraform or Ansible, or ideally both
- Experience with troubleshooting in a diverse technical environment
- Basic understanding of networking (OSI layers, DNS, etc)
- Experience scaling third-party software to handle traffic beyond the default configurations
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment. CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Concourse
- Very strong experience with Jenkins/Hudson, including installation, configuration and ongoing management of plugins, project security
- Well-versed with Git and various workflows (forking, gitflow, etc.)
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Working with Jenkins/Travis CI for developing automated pipelines to provide seamless deployment cycles to UAT and eventually PROD without human intervention.
- Knowledge and experience with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), GrayLog, Splunk, SysLog, or any other log monitoring system will be helpful.
- Knowledge and experience with SaltStack is a plus, however, experience with ancillary tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible are acceptable alternatives.
- Knowledge and experience with Docker/LXC and CoreOS are a nice to have. Knowledge of Kubernates is a plus.
- Expert-level knowledge of administering GitHub, Bitbucket, or GitLab is a major plus but not a firm requirement if general DevOps experience is strong
- Experience using Git LFS for storage of binary data within git repositories
- Experience with AWS including EC2, RDS, ELB, and EKS technologies
- Experience with AWS automated deployment techniques such as Terraform or Cloud Formation or the various CLIs (ex. eks-cli)
- Prior experience in applying security best practices to Linux environments
- Knowledge of applying monitoring technologies such as Nagios or AppDynamics to gain operational intelligence about IT services
Location: Chicago, IL